The Cardinal Ambrozic Houses of Providence is home to 288 residents of various backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences. With helping residents maintain a high quality of life our primary focus, we strive to recognize and respect the privacy and independence of all residents. Creating an environment that meets the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of our residents in a dignified and safe community is essential to us.
We have a track record of innovative expertise in the unique challenges of aging. Some of the services we offer at the Houses of Providence include:
- 24/7 nursing and personal care
- A team of Interprofessional health care specialists
- Access to on-site health care services
- Delicious dining with menus created by an Executive Chef
- Comfortable bedrooms with large windows
- Modern living areas
- On-site hair salon / barber shop
- Our resident-focused core programs, which focus on resident safety including prevention prevention of falls and pressure injuries, effective pain management, use of least restraints, palliative care, etc.
- Spiritual Care including daily mass
- Therapeutic Recreation including an on-site library
Fixing Long-Term Care Act – Updates
- Emergency Preparedness Plan
- 2022-23 Quality Improvement Work Plan
- 2022-23 Interim Report
Long-Term Care at Providence Healthcare
To learn more about the Cardinal Ambrozic Houses of Providence and how to apply, click on the links below.
The Family Council meets to identify common concerns for residents living in the Houses of Providence and seek solution. Your Family Council CARES (Communication, Advocacy, Responsiveness, Education, Support).
Join Family Council and get involved! As a member of you will:
- Be informed on issues that impact quality of care and life for all residents
- Have the opportunity to get involved in advocating positive changes for all residents
- To increase the profile and membership of the Family Council
- To organize a Family Council musical event for residents and families
- To sponsor a monthly bingo for residents
The Family Council will proactively contribute to the achievement of excellence in the physical, emotional and spiritual care of all residents at the Houses of Providence in order to maintain a life of dignity, respect, purpose and support residents in celebrating this stage of their lives.
To provide a collective voice for advocacy, education, communication and support for residents at the Houses of Providence.
* Providence Healthcare encourages initiatives that uphold our Values of Community and Compassionate Service, such as the Family Council. As an independent program, please note that the opinions expressed are the views of the representatives of the Family Council and may not reflect the views and opinions of Providence Healthcare. *
For more information on the Family Council, contact us at Phcfamily.firstname.lastname@example.org or give us your opinions and concerns by using the Family Council mail boxes located by the elevator on each upper floor and behind the reception desk on the main floor.
Ontario’s Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) coordinates all applications for long-term care. Read more about information on eligibility, how to access LHIN, and apply to long-term care at healthcareathome.ca.
For more information about our Houses:
- Take a virtual video or photo tour
- Visit our Scotiabank Learning Centre (Providence Hospital, B156/157) to research options at Providence, such as our Adult Day Program for clients with dementia living in the community
- Resident Guide Book – for residents and families new to the Houses
- Residents’ Council – keeps residents informed and involved
- Family Council – a forum for families to share ideas
- Calendar of activities – monthly therapeutic recreation calendar
- Therapeutic Recreation portal – for residents to share their activities with loved ones
- Satisfaction Surveys – helping us to continually improve
As of April 1, 2021, St. Michael’s Foundation amalgamated with Providence Healthcare Foundation and all receipts will be issued by St. Michael’s Foundation.
We are pleased to let you know that your donation will go directly to the organization and priority that you have designated.
Last updated July 11, 2022