At Unity Health Toronto, we are committed to our vision of creating the best care experiences for the communities we serve. Across all of our clinical and residential settings, we are always working to improve the care experience for everyone involved and reach our maximum potential together.
Our incredible staff have successfully created a health system that is efficient, patient-partnered and integrated. Our aim is to continue to uphold this high standard of quality in everything we do and across the full spectrum of care, spanning primary care, secondary community care, tertiary and quaternary care services to post-acute through rehabilitation, palliative care and long-term care. This mission is also reflected in our world-class research and education programs.
Over the next three years we see an opportunity to further hardwire a quality and continuous improvement culture into all of our programs and services. If successful, our quality culture will be evident through the following:
- Patients, staff, physicians and learners know that the quality of care provided at Unity Health is excellent.
- The experience of patients is assessed routinely, across the organization, and the information is used in near real-time to improve care.
- The role of patient and family partners is clearly defined and their involvement throughout the organization is evidenced in program quality councils, improvement priorities/initiatives and the corporate council and committee structure. All staff (clinical & non-clinical) are confident in their ability to meaningful engage and work side by side with patient and family partners.
- We have produced and contributed to the national and international academic research in quality improvement and patient experience.
- There is a consistent approach to monitoring and improving the quality of care across the organization – the Unity Quality Management System.
- The Care Experience Institute is a visible manifestation of how this aspiration is being realized, both internally and externally.
View our patient safety indicators here.
Quality Improvement Plan
Accreditation Canada is a not-for-profit, independent organization that provides health organizations with an external peer review to assess the quality of their services based on standards of excellence. Surveys are conducted by experienced professionals from accredited health facilities.
All Unity Health Toronto sites are accredited.
Unity Health Toronto will have a full network-wide Accreditation Survey in January 2022.
For more information on accreditation, visit accreditation.ca.
Last updated December 03, 2021