All media for Unity Health Toronto is coordinated through the Communications and Public Affairs department. Members of the media interested in speaking to a physician, researcher or any staff member at one of our sites should contact the Communications and Public Affairs department in advance of any interview or photo opportunities.
A Communications and Public Affairs representative must accompany any member of the media when on-site at Unity Health. The Communications and Public Affairs team also facilitates filming (for feature films, television and special projects) on the premises of all Unity Health sites.
For all media inquiries, please email: Communications@unityhealth.to
- At Unity Health, there are important rules in place around patient privacy, especially when it comes to filming, photography and information sharing. The Communications team is here to make sure those policies are followed. For more information, contact the Communications team or visit our Privacy page.
- Personal health information is confidential. Communications and Public Affairs will not confirm or comment publicly on whether a patient has been admitted to a Unity Health site, or his or her condition without the patient’s consent or the consent of a substitute decision-maker.
- Staff and/or patient consent must be obtained for interviews, filming or photo opportunities. In some cases, medical staff may be asked to assess a patient’s ability to provide consent.
- The media is encouraged to identify staff and physicians by their Unity Health title in stories related to the individual’s work or role.
- The name of our network is Unity Health Toronto. We have three sites: St. Joseph’s Health Centre, St. Michael’s Hospital and Providence Healthcare.
Last updated November 05, 2021