MyChart is a secure, online portal that shows patients their own hospital records. It was developed at Sunnybrook Hospital and is now used in hospitals across Canada.
Depending on your Unity Health location, MyChart can show you your:
- Lab results (e.g. blood tests)
- Medical imaging text reports (e.g. summaries of x-rays and ultrasounds)
- Results from your sleep studies
- Results from selected cardio-respiratory and neurological tests
- Clinical notes including discharge summaries (from participating clinical areas)
- Medication list at discharge
- Upcoming view only appointments for certain clinics
Note: Up to 15 days delays in receiving the reports in MyChart may apply to certain results/reports.
Already registered? Log in to MyChart at www.mychart.ca.
To use MyChart, you must:
- Be a patient of Unity Health and have received care at St. Joseph’s Health Centre at any point since January 1, 2018 or at St. Michael’s at any point since January 1, 2017.
- Have a valid Ontario Health Card
- Be 14 years or older
- Have an email address and access to internet
When you first self-register for MyChart, only you will be able to see your health records. They are the same records your care team sees in our hospital’s electronic medical records system. After you register, you can choose to give other people access to your MyChart records. This is so that people who care for you, such as a family member or family doctor, can use your information to get a better picture of your health.
There are two ways to sign up:
- At your next outpatient clinic appointment – just ask at reception. Please note that our Family Health Team can’t sign patients up for MyChart at this time.
Our staff will ask for your email address, OHIP card and photo ID (phone verification if enrolling remotely). Next, we’ll send you an email with a MyChart link and PIN number. The email will come from email@example.com. Click the MyChart link in the email, and follow the instructions. Once you complete your registration online, you can log in at www.mychart.ca anytime to look at your health record.
Most of your information is sent to MyChart automatically as soon as it’s entered into the hospital’s electronic medical record system. You can also enter some information yourself. For example, MyChart features an address book to help you keep your different care providers’ addresses and phone numbers in the same place.
Note: not all of your clinical records at the hospital will be displayed through MyChart. If you have any concerns or questions, have an urgent issue or would like to discuss the records displayed in your MyChart, please contact your doctor’s office or ask your care team.
Last updated March 01, 2023