Vision, Mission & Values
For more than a century, Providence, St. Joseph’s and St. Michael’s have been committed to fulfilling our tradition of compassionate quality care instilled in us by our founders, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Toronto. Today, our vision, mission and values are foundational to how our teams work together to deliver high quality care to all in need.
Our inspiring shared vision comes from the hearts and minds of the people across Unity Health Toronto. It is rooted in our commitment to care for the whole person – body, mind and spirit – and sets our course towards excellence in person-centred care.
Our mission describes our core role, who we serve and for what purpose. It’s why we are here.
Our core values guide the actions of employees, physicians, volunteers and learners in our goal of providing care to everyone with respect, compassion and dignity. They are embedded in processes for hiring and onboarding staff, in our decision-making and strategy deployment, and in how we communicate with, recognize and celebrate each other.
The best care experiences. Created together.
Unity Health Toronto is a Catholic health-care organization providing compassionate physical, emotional and spiritual care to all in need. We advance excellence in health care through world-class education, research and innovation.
- Human Dignity: We affirm that every person has sacred value and is worthy of respect.
- Compassion: We enable health and healing by understanding each person’s needs and by providing care with kindness and sensitivity.
- Excellence: We strive to achieve the best care and quality through innovation and continuous improvement.
- Community: Together we embrace diversity, trust, joy and teamwork to fulfil human potential.
- Inclusivity: We foster an inclusive, welcoming environment where everyone is treated equitably and without judgement.
Last updated January 27, 2023