Adult Day Program
To protect our clients, staff and physicians, Providence Healthcare has suspended in-person Adult Day Program (ADP) services. We have launched virtual ADP sessions over telephone or Zoom to support clients in their homes.
The Adult Day Program was established in response to the need for a social club geared towards individuals with moderate to severe dementia. Located in a custom-designed space within Providence Healthcare, the program was created by our expert staff to provide service focusing on family and club members.
Anyone living in the community with an irreversible dementia is eligible to attend the Adult Day Program at Providence Healthcare as we accommodate club members with various needs. Our commitment is to work together to support you.
Adult Day Program at Providence Healthcare
At the Adult Day Program, you’ll have access to on-site support groups and education sessions through our neighbouring Scotiabank Learning Centre. Club members can access Providence Healthcare’s outpatient clinics and services. We can also connect you with various community partners who can help.
Anyone living in the community with an irreversible dementia is eligible to attend the Adult Day Program at Providence Healthcare. We accommodate club members with various needs.
- A mechanical lift for transfers
- Special diets
- Meal assistance
- Medication reminders
- Personal care
Our home-like environment duals as a secure unit where we engage in therapeutic and meaningful social recreational activities throughout the day, evening and overnight. We offer personal care and full hot meals at each visit, and consecutive overnight stays are welcome. Other amenities include:
- A living and dining area with chandeliers and a baby grand piano for singing, dancing, creating and revitalizing old hobbies and skills
- Six individual overnight suites that are equipped with a computer, flat screen television, comfortable bed and desk (suites are also available during the day)
- Two secure outdoor gardens for parties, activities, relaxation and/or enjoying a game of chess on our life-size board
- A den and sensory suite
We’re here when you need us—24 hours a day, seven days a week. Although we don’t provide transportation, we’ll gladly provide you with a list of resources to help.
- Every day, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Club members enjoy a full hot lunch and a variety of therapeutic activities
- Club members and caregivers may also have access to various Providence Clinics. For more information, visit our Seniors Care page.
- Every day, 3 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Club members enjoy a relaxing dinner and recreational activities in the evenings
Once enrolled in the Adult Day Program, club members are encouraged to attend one or a combinations of clubs. Registered club members are also eligible for consecutive overnight stays at the Adult Day Program of up to 14 days in length.
For more information about family and caregiver support services like support groups and dementia workshops, visit the Providence Healthcare tab on our Seniors Care page and click on the Family and Caregiver Support dropdown.
For a nominal fee of $31.00 lunch and dinner club members receive 8 to 10 hours of care including a hot meal. The cost of consecutive overnight stays varies depending on the length of stay.
Please contact our finance office at 416-285-3666 ext. 3745 for details on payment methods.
If you have any questions about the program or would like more information, please contact us:
3276 St. Clair Ave. E., B-Wing, Room 162
Last updated April 23, 2021