Unity Health is dedicated to providing excellent nutritional care, quality meals to our patients and an exceptional learning environment for our nutrition students. Our nutrition professionals and Registered Dietitians contribute to the network and the broader community in the following ways:
- Dietitian services. Dietitians provide nutrition care and educational classes for inpatients and outpatients at Unity Health. Clinical dietitians teach dietitians in training and provide nutritional patient care services across several program areas. Not only do dietitians work in acute hospital and rehabilitation settings, but they also contribute to broader community settings through several outreach programs and services.
- We provide learning opportunities for dietetic students through our dietetic internship program. Our Professional Master’s Diploma in Dietetics (PMDip Dietetics) is a collaborative program with Ryerson University providing students with practical, hands-on experience in clinical, community and management settings.
- We conduct research to improve our knowledge of nutrition with the goal of enhancing patient care. This includes the Clinical Nutrition and Risk Factor Modification Centre (CNRFMC), a centre for research on nutrition, lifestyle and health at St. Michael’s.
- Patient food services. This service provides healthy meals for inpatients. Our patient menu accommodates a wide variety of diets, including Asian, Kosher and all levels of vegetarianism.
- Retail food services. There are several places for family members, staff and outpatients to purchase high quality food across our three sites.
- Malnutrition screening.
- Useful links to on-line information about health and nutrition:
Last updated March 22, 2021