Unity Health will be increasing the presence of Essential Care Partners (ECPs) at our sites effective July 6. For more information on these changes, please visit the Visitor/Essential Care Partner policy page.
- Masking is mandatory at all Unity Health Toronto locations. Health care settings have the authority to continue masking policies past June 11, 2022, to ensure a safe environment for healing. These measures will remain in effect for the foreseeable future. Thank you for your cooperation.
- All visitors/Essential Care Partners and contractors entering the hospital are expected to follow screening requirements. Do not come to the hospital if you are feeling unwell or have any symptoms of COVID-19. This is essential to keeping your loved ones, patients and staff safe.
- It is strongly recommended that visitors/ECPs, vendors and contractors be up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. Unity Health will no longer require proof of full COVID-19 vaccination.
- To create a safe environment for healing, Unity Health will continue to limit the number of people in our buildings.
- When a unit is experiencing an outbreak, visitors are not permitted. See if the unit your loved one is staying on is in outbreak. If the patient you hope to visit is on a unit on outbreak, contact the unit the patient is on before visiting. You can find a unit by visiting our Clinic and Unit Contact Information page.
- Only come to the hospital for the duration of your visit/appointment. Do not wait in our buildings before or after the visit/appointment.
- Eating and drinking is only permitted in designated locations and never at the bedside.
As we continue to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic, please keep in mind this is still a challenging time for our staff, physicians, patients and families.
All of our staff, physicians, learners and volunteers are guided by Unity Health Toronto’s mission to provide compassionate physical, emotional and spiritual care to all in need. We remain committed to providing our patients, residents and families with excellent, high-quality care.
One of the best ways we can help each other is to be kind and compassionate. We ask for your patience as we continue to work together to create the best care experiences for all those we serve.
For more information
Last updated July 19, 2022