As we continue to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic, please keep in mind this is still a challenging time for our staff, physicians, patients and families.
All of our staff, physicians, learners and volunteers are guided by Unity Health Toronto’s mission to provide compassionate physical, emotional and spiritual care to all in need. We remain committed to providing our patients, residents and families with excellent, high-quality care.
One of the best ways we can help each other is to be kind and compassionate. We ask for your patience as we continue to work together to create the best care experiences for all those we serve.
- Masking is mandatory at all Unity Health Toronto locations. These measures will remain in effect for the foreseeable future. Thank you for your cooperation.
- All visitors/Essential Care Partners and contractors entering the hospital are expected to follow screening requirements. Do not come to the hospital if you are feeling unwell, have any symptoms of COVID-19 or have had COVID-19 in the last 10 days. This is essential to keeping your loved ones, patients and staff safe.
- It is strongly recommended that visitors/ECPs, vendors and contractors be up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. Unity Health will no longer require proof of full COVID-19 vaccination.
- To create a safe environment for healing, Unity Health will continue to limit the number of people in our buildings.
- Only come to the hospital for the duration of your visit/appointment. Do not wait in our buildings before or after the visit/appointment.
- Eating and drinking is only permitted in designated locations and never at the bedside.
- When a unit is experiencing an outbreak, visitors may be restricted. See if the unit your loved one is staying on is in outbreak. If the patient you hope to visit is on a unit on outbreak, contact the unit the patient is on before visiting. You can find a unit by visiting our Clinic and Unit Contact Information page.
For more information
Last updated October 31, 2022