Strategy & Performance
2019-26 Strategic Plan
This is Unity Health Toronto’s first strategic plan. It is a road map to delivering leading-edge health care that is built around understanding the unique needs of each person in our care.
There are nine interrelated components of this strategy that will each contribute to our success. Together across Unity Health Toronto, in partnership with those that we serve, and in collaboration with our community partners, we will create the best care experiences.
Unity Health has extended this strategic plan by two years through to 2026, enabling us to further advance this highly relevant strategy.
Living Our Strategy
The best care experiences. Created together.
Providing leadership in health equity
Leading in world-class specialty care
Revolutionizing care through digital transformation and AI
Integrated care for urban communities
Joy in work for our people
Impactful research and innovation
Reimagining teaching and learning
Achieving quality together
Investing in our future
Staff, physicians, learners and volunteers across Unity Health are advancing the network’s strategic priorities in their work every day. Read up on some recent stories that demonstrate their efforts:
- Leading in world-class specialty care (Brain & Heart): After pioneering EVOQUE tricuspid valve replacement procedure, St. Michael’s now offers treatment to wider range of patients
- Reimagining teaching and learning: Inspiring the next generation: Unity Health staff and physicians give high school students a glimpse at a career in health
- Revolutionizing care through digital transformation and artificial intelligence: AI-powered tool to streamline care in emergency departments receives $1.5M in funding
- Impactful research and innovation: Unity Health hosts COVID-19 conference to transform global research collaboration
- Providing leadership in health equity: Meet Roberta Pike, the inaugural Director of Indigenous Wellness, Reconciliation and Partnerships at Unity Health Toronto
- Investing in our future: New centre at St. Joseph’s offers lake views and a cozy kitchen, setting a new standard for the palliative care environment
- Integrated care for urban communities: My Baby and Me clinic at St. Michael’s offers low-barrier support to moms grappling with substance use
- Joy in work for our people: These people have been volunteering at Unity Health Toronto hospitals for over a decade — here’s why
- Achieving quality together: Check out this video of St. Michael’s new pharmacy robot, MIRA
To ensure we are delivering on the promise of our strategic plan, we measure and track our performance in a number of areas. We’re also accountable to the communities we serve and are committed to transparency about how we are doing as a health network, so we report our performance publicly.
We are executing our 2019-26 strategic plan by engaging with our people, aligning the actions of our departments and services to continuously foster a high performance culture.
Last updated November 07, 2023