Infrastructure renewal and energy projects
Providing patients with the best experience requires well-designed spaces to support their comfort, care and recovery. Unity Health Toronto is continually innovating and modernizing our infrastructure, which allows us to implement new and emerging technologies along with models of integrated and specialized care.
The projects highlighted on this website are made possible through the contributions of numerous people and departments across the network. It is our network’s ongoing commitment and strategic priority to invest in our future by increasing our environmental stewardship and modernizing our spaces to support exceptional patient care and experience.
Construction projects, both minor and major, are taking place across Unity Health Toronto at all times in an effort to modernize our facilities and create healing environments that meet the needs of our patients.
Total annual consumption savings
|Electricity (kWh)||Natural Gas (m3)||Water (m3)|
- St. Joseph’s fans scheduling
- St. Michael’s pump replacement and variable frequency drive (VFD) installation
- St. Michael’s magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) cooling water reduction
- Providence LED lighting retrofit (pot lights)
- St. Joseph’s glycol pump replacement
- St. Joseph’s VFD installation
- Unity Health LED lighting retrofit (common areas)
- St. Joseph’s hot water pump VFD installation
- St. Joseph’s blow down heat recovery
- Providence chiller replacement (B Wing)
- Providence water waste prevention and reduction
- St. Joseph’s emergency department fan refurbishment
- St. Joseph’s cooling plant upgrade
- LED lighting retrofit (St. Joseph’s chapel, St. Joseph’s parking garage, Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute parking garage, etc.)
- Turn Off Your Computer Campaign
- St. Michael’s air handling unit pneumatic to electronic conversion
- Providence chiller replacement (A Wing)
Last updated February 22, 2023