Welcome to Unity Health’s Got Talent 2.0
Watch the replay now!
Back by popular demand, get ready for Unity Health’s Got Talent 2.0! You amazed us with your talents in 2020 and left us wanting more. Unity Health performers – singers, dancers, magicians, poets, actors and artists, it’s time to get those creative (and competitive) juices flowing. Whether you’re a semi-pro or your audience is limited to your pets at home, now is the time to share your hidden talents with your work colleagues.
Once again, Unity Health’s Got Talent is challenging units, departments and colleagues across Unity Health to submit videos showing off their group talents. No solo submissions allowed, so grab some friends. It could be a song, a dance, a comedy sketch or a take on a current viral video trend. Submissions will be short with a focus on fun.
Videos will be aired during a live online show on Thursday, December 9, 2021 at 7 p.m. The winners will be decided by popular vote from across Unity Health.
The stakes are high:
- Prize money to contribute to wellness activities in your department.
- The winning group’s name on a plaque to be displayed proudly in their department and updated annually
- Bragging rights
So gather your most talented or enthusiastic colleagues and start filming. We want to see what you’ve got! The submission deadline is Friday, November 19, 2021 at 5 p.m.
More interested in seeing your colleagues perform than in performing yourself? Tune into the live show on Thursday, December 9, 2021 at 7 p.m. to show your support and cast your vote for the winners! A link to view the show will be available on this website closer to the date.
Have questions? Check out the submission details below first and then email email@example.com if you have further questions.
Length of act: Maximum three minutes, no minimum length
Participants: Each submission must have a minimum of three staff participants on camera, with no limit on how many participants can be involved in the project. We encourage submissions to include staff of different roles/backgrounds but this is not mandatory.
Content: All talents welcome! Singing, dancing, musical instruments, skits, stand up comedy, spoofs on viral videos. The sky’s the limit!
A few notes on appropriateness/professionalism:
- This is a family friendly show, so please no swearing. If there is a song in the background of your act make sure you are using the censored, or “safe for radio” version
- Patient privacy: if filming in clinical areas, make sure there is no patient information visible in the background
- COVID considerations: Please observe physical distancing and masking rules when indoors in your video.
Submission deadline: Friday, November 19, 2021 at 5 p.m.
All submissions will be reviewed prior to the night of the show. If any of the above regulations are not met, we will try to give you time to adjust your video and re-submit. However, we reserve the right to exclude your submission from the show if it does not observe the above rules.
- put your phone/camera on a steady surface (tripod or other flat surface) to avoid shakiness
- have camera just above eye level if possible (avoid looking down at the camera)
- try to film in landscape (horizontal) orientation as opposed to portrait (vertical)
- choose a location with minimal background noise (i.e. indoors, closed office room). Turn off loud devices i.e. heater/fans, put your phone on silent
- avoid moving papers around or other background noises while you are talking
- try to have soft and/or natural light on your face, avoid having bright lights or a window directly behind you
- speak at a good talking volume, as if you are speaking at a meeting to an audience
- make sure you don’t talk too fast! Speak a little slower than you would in normal conversation
- record a short test and play it back to make sure the audio is ok
- record your video at highest quality (HD) 1920×1080 minimum if possible
- ensure there is no confidential or patient information visible in the background
Replay: Unity Health’s Got Talent 2020
2020 promo video
Last updated December 21, 2021