Providence receives Stroke Distinction Award from Accreditation Canada
In honour of World Stroke Day (Oct. 29) we are happy to share some exciting news about the stroke program at Providence Healthcare. Providence has once again earned Distinction in Stroke Services from Accreditation Canada.
Stroke Distinction is a specialty Accreditation program that recognizes health organizations that demonstrate clinical excellence and an outstanding commitment to leadership in stroke care. The program was developed in partnership with the Heart and Stroke Foundation and closely aligns with the Canadian Stroke Best Practice Recommendations and Core Performance Indicators. The program follows a defined cycle, including an on-site survey every four years conducted by expert surveyors who have extensive practical experience in the field of stroke care.
Achieving this designation indicates that Providence Healthcare has demonstrated national leadership in the provision of high-quality stroke care. Overall, the Stroke Distinction surveyors identified the following areas of success within Providence’s stroke services:
- Dedicated and passionate staff
- Excellent relationships with our community partners
- Providing an outstanding patient and caregiver experience
- Best practice in our Purple Pathway quality initiative
- An initiative started at Providence that seeks provide a seamless transition for patients who have experienced a stroke from their acute phase of care directly to rehab. This ensures the patient and their families are cared for by the Unity Health team throughout their stay.
This honour is a testament to the many staff and physicians who work with stroke patients at Providence and to all staff who support Providence’s stroke programming. Congratulations and thank you to our teams for their outstanding commitment to excellence and innovation in stroke services.
By: Robyn Cox