The safety of our patients and care teams is our priority and we have many precautions in place to help with this at our sites and clinics. They include the following:
- Entrance screening – Everyone coming in to our sites is being asked questions about any COVID-19 related symptoms they may have and redirected as necessary – staff and physicians are not coming into the building if they are feeling unwell.
- Universal masking – All staff, physicians, patients and visitors are required to wear masks in public areas to help keep everyone safe. You will be given a mask at the entrance. Instructions on how to properly wear a mask can be found here.
- Physical distancing – Everyone is encouraged to keep a 2 metre/6 foot distance from people around them. There are visual stickers, banners and markers in some of our spaces to help with this.
- Infection prevention measures – Our teams are wearing the appropriate personal protective equipment (which could include masks, gloves, face shields and protective gowns) and following all recommended infection control practices to reduce the possibility of transmission of COVID-19, including cleaning and washing hands frequently.
- Enhanced cleaning – All of our areas and surfaces are cleaned regularly with approved disinfectants to keep spaces clean. Extra cleaning is being done in patient care areas.