As of Monday, Nov. 23, based on the rate of community transmission of COVID-19, we have reduced the presence of Essential Care Partners (visitors) at our three sites of Unity Health Toronto to help keep our patients, staff and community safe. This is being balanced with the need to support Essential Care Partner presence, which is critical to the recovery and experience of our patients.
Please click the option that applies to you:
- Can I visit a loved one who is staying at the hospital?
- Can I accompany a patient who is coming in for day surgery or a clinic appointment?
- Can I accompany a patient who needs to go to the Emergency Department?
- Can I visit a resident in the Houses of Providence?
- I was told I don’t qualify to visit, but I disagree. What can I do?
- Can I connect virtually with a loved one in the hospital?
It is important that we continue to limit the number of individuals entering our hospitals to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
There is currently no timeline for our visitor restrictions. Our actions are guided by the rate of community spread of COVID-19, the government’s direction, and capacity in our own hospitals.
If we can accommodate this safely and the patient fits our visiting criteria, we will try to do so. Use this contact list to reach your loved one’s unit to learn more.