To protect everyone’s safety during the COVID-19 pandemic, Unity Health is not allowing visitors in the hospital (including family, friends and support persons). However, we are doing our best to help patients and families stay connected.
At Unity Health, we are offering free video calling for patients in hospital. We will lend patients a device to do video calls with family, friends or people who support them. This is a way to keep in touch during COVID-19 restrictions, when visitors are not allowed in hospital.
This service is for inpatients who do not have their own device.
- Patients can borrow an iPod or iPad to make a video call.
- To arrange a call, please complete the video request form below.
- We will help to schedule a time for a video call between 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- We use Zoom meetings for these calls.
- We will send you an email with instructions to join the Zoom meeting.
The patient and care team must agree to the video call request. Additional guidelines are as follows:
- The patient can talk for up to 30 minutes.
- Our teams may have to end the call early:
- To protect the privacy of other people in the room
- To provide care
- To support the needs of our patients, clients and residents
- Video calls can be scheduled once every 24 hours.
Please note that we will:
- Make every reasonable effort to arrange a video call.
- Protect the information you share in the request form.
To request a video visit
Please complete form below to request a video visit with your loved one.