To help keep patients and visitors informed, Unity Health has developed this page to track and consolidate all COVID-19 outbreak-related information at St. Joseph’s, St. Michael’s and Providence.
St. Joseph’s is currently experiencing two COVID-19 outbreaks: 6M (declared on June 24) and 6G (declared on June 30).
Working with Toronto Public Health and our Infection Prevention and Control team, we have taken immediate precautions to protect all patients, staff and physicians. The units have been placed on appropriate precautionary measures and we continue to monitor all patients for symptoms associated with COVID-19.
We will continue to implement additional measures as necessary to keep our patients and people safe.
Unity Health has precautions in place to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. However, when an outbreak occurs in a hospital, additional measures are taken to mitigate further infections, including:
- Formation of an outbreak management team which includes representation from:
- Unit/clinical leadership
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Occupational Health
- Toronto Public Health
- Environmental Services
- Laboratory leadership
- Others partners as needed to effectively manage the outbreak and limit further transmission
- Follow-up of patients and staff who may have been exposed to the source of the outbreak, including appropriate testing and isolation as needed
- Enhanced cleaning in the unit
- Additional precautions as identified by the outbreak management team