Last updated May 11, 2020
In order to help keep patients and visitors informed, Unity Health has developed this page to track and consolidate all COVID-19 outbreak-related information at St. Joseph’s, St. Michael’s and Providence.
Unity Health has precautions in place to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. However, when an outbreak occurs in a hospital, additional measures are taken to mitigate further infections, including:
- Formation of an outbreak management team which includes representation from:
- Unit/clinical leadership
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Occupational Health
- Toronto Public Health
- Environmental Services
- Laboratory leadership
- Others partners as needed to effectively manage the outbreak and limit further transmission
- Follow-up of patients and staff who may have been exposed to the source of the outbreak, including appropriate testing and isolation as needed
- Enhanced cleaning in the unit
- Additional precautions as identified by the outbreak management team
COVID-19 outbreak in the Intensive Care Unit declared over on April 27
On April 13, 2020, an official COVID-19 outbreak was declared in the Intensive Care Unit at St. Joseph’s Health Centre.
We are happy to report that, effective April 27, 2020, St. Joseph’s Intensive Care Unit has been cleared of its outbreak status.
We would like to thank our front line staff for their diligence and commitment to mitigating the spread of COVID-19 during this outbreak.
COVID-19 outbreak in St. Michael’s Hemodialysis Unit was declared over on May 11
COVID-19 outbreak in the Houses of Providence declared over on May 7
(May 7, 2020) – On March 31, 2020, an official COVID-19 outbreak was declared in the Cardinal Ambrozic Houses of Providence.
We are pleased to share the news that, effective May 6, 2020, the COVID-19 outbreak has officially been declared over after consultation with our infection prevention and control team and Toronto Public Health.
We would like to thank our staff and physicians in the Houses for their diligence and commitment to mitigating the spread of COVID-19 during this outbreak.