To help keep patients and visitors informed, Unity Health has developed this page to track and consolidate all COVID-19 outbreak-related information at St. Joseph’s, St. Michael’s and Providence.
We are happy to report that effective Friday, August 14, the COVID-19 outbreak on 6G (declared on June 30) is officially over.
Certain safety measures will remain in place in order to ensure the continuing safety of our staff and patients.
Thank you to the many teams who worked together during this time to help control the outbreak.
Unity Health has precautions in place to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. However, when an outbreak occurs in a hospital, additional measures are taken to mitigate further infections, including:
- Formation of an outbreak management team which includes representation from:
- Unit/clinical leadership
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Occupational Health
- Toronto Public Health
- Environmental Services
- Laboratory leadership
- Others partners as needed to effectively manage the outbreak and limit further transmission
- Follow-up of patients and staff who may have been exposed to the source of the outbreak, including appropriate testing and isolation as needed
- Enhanced cleaning in the unit
- Additional precautions as identified by the outbreak management team